STS Direct Hire is currently hiring Aircraft Door Design Engineers for full-time positions in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
The Door Design Engineer responsible for the conceptual design and production engineering of Aircraft Doors structural and system components. The candidate will be responsible for conceptual layout, detailed design and aircraft production & in-service design and modification.
- Generates Engineering Models and Drawings utilizing CATIA Version 5
- Performs trade studies to identify optimal engineering solution
- Collaborates with the Integrated Product Team to resolve cross functional issues
- Reviews work performed by others and ensure work is to the highest standard
- Implements Industry best engineering practices (design for manufacturing, design for reliability and design for maintainability)
- Have the ability to understand and apply certification requirements
- Implement design solutions optimized for cost and weight
- Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion
- Utilizes drafting and Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing knowledge to optimize part design for cost and functionality
- Searches for problem root cause and develop corrective action plans and solutions
- Serves as an interface within the Doors Engineering group to ensure effective communication, coordination, and timely completion of project milestones
- Leads or participates in design / development reviews with management and internal customers
- The candidate must have the ability to deliver technical presentations effectively to a diverse and demanding audience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 10-15 years directly related experience OR MS / MBA with 8-13 years of experience OR 18-23 years directly related experience
- Some Travel may be required
- Proficient in use of CATIA Version 5
- Advanced knowledge of drafting rules
- Advanced knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Use of Team Center
- Familiar with FAR Part 23 or Part 25
- Functional knowledge of SAP
At STS Direct Hire we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc… please contact us at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job ID: 38209