STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring Aircraft NDT Quality Inspectors for open positions in Marana, Arizona.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
To perform functions assigned in the administration and interpretation of methods of nondestructive testing.
- Researches technical data and examines the structure and components of an aircraft for defects on the surface, inside the material, or hidden by other structures in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and client policies and procedures.
- Conducts radiographic, penetrant, ultrasonic, and magnetic particle tests on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications.
- Reviews test orders to determine type of test requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria.
- Applies agents such as cleaners, penetrants, developers, and couplant, to parts, or heats parts in oven, to prepare for testing.
- Determines test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas.
- Calibrates test equipment such as magnetic particle, x-ray, and ultrasonic contact machines, to standard settings, following manual instructions.
- Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed.
- Examines surface-treated materials during penetrant and magnetic particle tests to locate and identify cracks or other defects using black light.
- Moves transducer probe across part when conducting ultrasonic tests and observes CRT screen to detect and locate discontinuities in metal structure.
- Maintains contact with nondestructive testing equipment manufacturer for currency, data and calibration.
- Performs duties of NDT Technician Lead in his/her absence.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner.
- Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Specific training and appropriate documentation to obtain a minimum of Level II for NDT disciplines required.
- Appropriate work experience to obtain a minimum of Level II.
- Repairman’s Certificate required.
- A&P License preferred.
- Current valid Arizona driver’s license with clear driving record for past three years required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position.
- Ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, squatting, climbing, and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, crouching, kneeling, and balancing.
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying pushing or pulling weight up to 10 pounds.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 37740