STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring Aircraft Structural Assembly Technicians for open positions in Charleston, South Carolina.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc.
- Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with client procedures
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts
- Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards
- Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required
- Frequent overhead work may be required
- Frequent overtime may be required
- Suitable candidates for these mid-body structures contract positions will have ONE year of direct Aerospace Structural Experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have THREE years of solid Aerospace Structural Experience; candidates without aerospace structural experience will NOT be considered
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Occasional contact with metals
- Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
- Frequent exposure to noise
- Candidates must be able to be moved as needed to the evening, afternoon, or morning shifts if necessary for the business need
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 38624