STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring Aviation Technical Writers for open positions in Dallas, Texas.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
Technical Writers are responsible for managing, revising, and producing aircraft maintenance manuals and documents used for maintaining the client fleet; while ensuring safe, consistent, standardized, clear, accurate and compliant work instructions; meeting deadlines and the needs of Production, Engineering, Planning, Maintenance Programs, Reliability, Quality Control and Regulatory personnel. This Technical Writer will be focused on procedural documents and must have experience working with and a thorough understanding of aircraft systems and components.
- Creates, writes, revises, edits and publishes maintenance publications, documents, and work instructions ensuring accuracy to regulatory, and maintenance program requirements, and to technical sources or client approved changes.
- Processes client and other OEM revisions to Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Fault Isolation manuals, Wiring Diagram manuals, and other publications and documents – reconciling the differences with client engineered changes and managing the approvals necessary for publication.
- Receives and/or submits, and processes client document change requests for Maintenance Publications and documents, and Submits client Publication Change Requests to correct client errors.
- Assists Technical Writers and Technical Publications Specialists in maintaining historical record of revisions, network library, and published documents, and assists with required audits, publishes, distribution, and record-keeping.
- Interfaces with various M&E departments for continuous analysis and improvements of the maintenance program, publications, documents and processes including Production AMTs and Inspectors, Fleet Leads, Engineering, Planning, Regulatory, Quality, Central Publications, and any other department necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Aviation-related (maintenance or engineering) 4 year degree preferred.
- 3 years minimum aircraft maintenance experience required.
- 3 years minimum technical writing experience required.
- Aviation-related technical writing preferred.
- 1 year minimum experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Arbortext, or other SGML or XML based authoring program required.
- Expert in MS Word, Excel, and Access preferred.
- Experience with Corel Draw, Iso Draw, or other Illustration editing tools preferred.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (A&P) or 5 years equivalent maintenance experience (military or transport category) required.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to type 50 wpm and have excellent computer skills, with an ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Must have excellent research, writing, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to read and understand aircraft maintenance manuals, work instructions, policy and regulatory publications.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability and desire to deal with technology concepts.
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 37653