STS Direct Hire is currently hiring Infrastructure & Operations Directors for full-time positions in East Aurora, New York.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
The Infrastructure & Operations Director has accountability for providing leadership and vision for the IT infrastructure across the enterprise and for translating that vision into highly reliable and cost effective platform.
- Operational Excellence – Ensuring that Infrastructure costs are properly understood and competitive with market
- Driving demonstrated savings across global I&O
- Ensuring all business processes are supported with the appropriate level of performance, availability, reliability, security and disaster recovery, through the development of associated strategies, standards and service level agreements
- Ensuring that service delivery and training is consistent globally, regardless of location
- Ensuring the development and control IT budgets (staff, operational expenditure, capital expenditure)
- Ensuring that IT infrastructure programs are deployed and completed on budget and on schedule to base lined scope with measured change control
- Ensuring that IT plans is defined to meet the requirements of the businesses over the next 5-10 years
- This includes the development of roadmaps for infrastructure that are constructed to support our global businesses
- These roadmaps must reflect key technology and business trends
- Working with both individuals and teams, the I&O Director is responsible for driving decision making in an expedient and timely fashion, within a complex global business environment, fostering collaboration and sharing of best practice
- Working through direct reports, the I&O Director is responsible for creating an environment in line with our culture that supports individuals in their role, as well as their development within the company
- The I&O Director will delegate operational decision-making to responsible managers (or teams) and hold them accountable for delivering the desired and agreed-upon objectives in a timely fashion
- The I&O Director will ensure talent management within IT to support development of IT maturity and succession planning
- The I&O Director will set clear expectations (objectives) for reports, and provide relevant and timely feedback on performance
- Travel is a significant part of the job
- The incumbent will need to manage a globally distributed IT team
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science Degree (typically in a technical field such as Engineering or Computer Science), plus ten-year experience in a relevant IT role plus at least 5 years in a management capacity is required; a Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field and 15 year relevant IT experience is also acceptable
- Proven capabilities in managing people and working collaboratively within a multicultural environment
- Proven capabilities in the management of complex IT projects (plan, organize, deliver)
- The ability to influence thinking or to convince others to change strongly held opinions
- Client cultural fit, i.e. working in an informal, consensus driven and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to articulate the business value of IT
At STS Direct Hire we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc… please contact us at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job ID: 38366