STS Direct Hire is currently hiring Lead Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics for full-time positions in Rockford, Illinois.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
The Lead Sheet Metal Mechanic is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, with minimal supervision.
- Highly proficient in fabrication, cold working, flap peening and jacking/shoring aircraft
- Highly proficient in using technical data and drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs
- Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards
- Effectively direct the work of less experienced mechanics
- All other duties as assigned
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
- High school diploma or general education degree GED required
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training
- Hold a minimum of an A License
- May or may not have a P license Computer keypunch experience
- Previous experience in warehousing, handling inventory, and bar code equipment
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
- The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting
- Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment
At STS Direct Hire we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc… please contact us at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job ID: 38050