STS AeroStaff Services now offers Aircraft Painter jobs in Springfield, Illinois. These are full time, direct opportunities!
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
- The Aircraft Painter prepares aircraft surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding and treating metal surfaces with chemicals such as alumiprep and alodine
- Applies aerodynamic sealer, and masks the aircraft using tapes and paper products (to protect windows, seals, struts, cables, etc.) in preparation for the paint process
- Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers’ maintenance manual specifications
- Applies paint to the aircraft interior and exterior surfaces (Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and epoxy paints)
- Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation (This includes mixing ratios, surface preparation, papering and masking, drying time, number of coats, etc.)
- Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape
- Applies registration number, external markings, placards, emergency borders, wing walks, etc. within regulations and specifications
- Familiar with and understands composite and problem areas on a variety of corporate aircraft
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other company facilities as required
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies
- May perform other duties as required by the department
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years’ related experience
- Requires knowledge of all types of paints and thinners
- Must be qualified to prepare aircraft exteriors, interiors and panels for proper application of paint, as per set standards
- Is able to minimize rework through proficiency in paint preparation and application
- LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders frequently
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones
- Must be able to see to visually inspect
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees
- Must be able to safely operate lift equipment
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 40848