Now Hiring A&P Mechanics!
STS AeroStaff Services is now offering A&P Mechanic jobs in Augusta, Georgia. To learn more, check out the following information.
Are you tired of working the same dead-end contract positions? If so, STS AeroStaff Services offers the best aircraft maintenance jobs in Augusta, Georgia; positions that will reward your skills with competitive compensation and benefits. When it comes to your career as an Aircraft Mechanical Technician, don’t just wing it. Let STS AeroStaff Services help you fly your career forward!
At this point in the post, you can read on, apply online or contact an STS Recruiter at 1-877-707-5767.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on turbofan powered aircraft
- Removes and reinstalls engines from turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft
- Performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure
- Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents discrepancies (squawks). Reinstalls and tests components after completed inspection
- Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc). May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required
- Analyzes a variety of mechanical problems and determines the cause and best method of repair
- Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, and flight controls, and adjusts rigging as required
- Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems
- Relocation assistance maybe available
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License with minimum of 3 years’ experience as an A&P Mechanic required
- Learjet and/or sheetmetal experience strongly desired
- Factory authorized training on assigned aircraft or engine is preferred
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; stand a minimum of 8 hours per day and walk long distances; bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access
- Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods
- Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program; or equivalent
- Attainment of trade certification
- Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations
Company Overview & Benefits:
STS AeroStaff Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry. We offer hundreds of career opportunities throughout the United States, and with more than two decades of experience, our aviation Recruiters soar in their commitment to excellence and professionalism.
We proudly offer all qualifying candidates competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances and referral bonuses. Have questions? Contact us today at 1-877-707-5767.
Job ID: 42762