STS AeroStaff Services offers Aviation Product Development Engineer (MRB Aerodynamics) jobs in Melbourne, Florida. These are full time, direct opportunities!
Note: For this particular position, our company is not sponsoring work visas.
Provide product engineering support for production line and production flights as related to flight controls and aerodynamic related issues.
- Functional analysis for non-conformities based on design criteria and certification reports of flight control systems and aerodynamic issues
- Assigns responsibility for technical dispositions of non-conformities for the above systems on production line
- Evaluate technical dispositions impact on production schedules, safety, quality aspects, documentation and costs/benefits involved
- Direct interface with other internal/external engineering areas involved on non-conformity analysis
- Substantiate the approval of non-conformities considered “minor” and present for the local authorities as required
- Elaborate dispositions for non-conformities detected on supplier components in case of our client’s design responsibility
- Validate supplier’s dispositions for non-conformities in case such supplier is not delegated as MRB
- Start a design revision process with engineering staff for those cases which the disposition will affect interchangeability or maintainability of the product
- Provide engineering support for trouble shootings on production line and production flights
- Ensure project related engineering data is in compliance with corporate policies and certification requirements
- Apply technical principles, theories and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems
- Provide mentorship, training, and guidance for junior engineers
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Aerospace or Mechanical)
- Must have a 3 to 5 years’ minimum of related engineering experience. Recent aircraft related experience is preferred
- Aircraft operation/maintenance (MCC) or production line experience desired (professional levels)
- Prior MRB authorization preferred
- Extensive knowledge in a aerodynamics and flight performance and in all other interrelated tasks and responsibilities of the job function
- Ability to analyze and interpret company products (e.g., analyzing and troubleshooting aircraft systems problems)
- Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures
- Understands governing regulations and compliance requirements
- Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance
- Skills to build and manipulate data sets, (e.g., compare CATIA to measurement data)
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly)
- Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics)
- Familiarity with Flight Data Recording software preferred
- Familiarity with CATIA V5–Understanding of drawing practices, material properties, and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft flight control surface manufacturing, installation, rigging, and trim
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft office applications
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced team environment
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills
- Portuguese or Spanish language skills a plus
Working Conditions/Environment/Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Availability for domestic and international travel
- Must be able to obtain a TSA/SIDA (Secure Identification Display Area) clearance to access secure areas
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 39866