STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring Mechanical Design Engineers for open positions in Torrance, California.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
This position is responsible for development of complex electrohydraulic, electromechanical, mechanical, hydro-mechanical and electro-pneumatic components and systems that will become the new products of our client. The incumbent, a fully trained professional, plans and conducts efforts requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Typically, the Design Engineer devises new approaches for the problems encountered.
- Perform conceptual design, analysis, assembly/detail drawing creation in NX, and test planning for complex control hardware used on military aircraft
- Contribute to the development of new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel
- Validate conceptual problem solutions through trade studies and by applying sound engineering principles
- Perform engineering calculations related to sizing, performance, tolerance and assembly
- Be a key contributor to the preparation of technical proposal, cost estimates, and program schedules
- Guide the evolution of conceptual design, technical project planning, detail design, and development testing throughout the program lifecycle
- Support programs with some travel (5-10%) and the participation in presentations to customers
- Represent client in a manner consistent with its leading-edge technical reputation
- Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program
- Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports
- 6+ years’ of design and development engineering experience
- Proficient in current versions of NX/UG computer-aided design software
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and a desire for constant improvement
- Good sense of three-dimensional spatial orientation and knowledge of mechanical hardware design
- Proficient in assembly/detail drawings, GD&T, and dimensional tolerance analysis
- Team-oriented, with the desire to participate in and contribute to a high functioning team
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 39348